Kapha Nashak Mudra
Method: Kapha Nashak Mudra is formed by first placing the ring and the little fingers on the base of the thumb and then bringing gentle pressure of the thumb upon these fingers.
Effects: This mudra increases the Pitta humor but decreases the Kapha humor within the body. Pitta is concerned with the bodily heat (digestion/metabolism) and the circulatory system. These entities are stimulated and reinforced by this mudra. This is an excellent mudra for people having a kapha excess or a Pitta deficiency in their bodies. They can regularly perform this mudra even to prevent illness. However, people who have an excess of Pitta (heat) in their bodies should practice it in moderation, if at all.
Benefits of Kapha-nashak mudra: Kapha-nashak mudra or Pitta-kaarak mudra is useful in following conditions.
- Improve enthusiasm and initiative.
- The slowness of perception and activities.
- Improve self-esteem.
- To overcome all the health problems of the winter season.
- Coldness of skin.
- Oily, greasy skin or hair.
- Absent of scanty perspiration.
- Loss of appetite, indigestion, slow digestion.
- Obesity or easy weight gain.
- Scanty menses
- Excessive mucous in the respiratory, digestive tracts causing colds, wet cough, sticky stools, etc
Pitta-kaarak mudra is very useful in the treatment of vision-related disorders and eye disorders.
This mudra can heal all the diseases caused due to an excess of Kapha. Duration for Kapha nashak mudra practice: 30 minutes of regular practice is enough to get good results of Kapha-nashak mudrā.You can do this mudra at any time or any place. But in the early hours of the morning or while meditation is very effective.