A Sure Shot for controlling Heart problems, high blood pressure and for relieving from acidity, gas formation, eructation, belching, and strengthens the digestive system & for clearing the bowl for sure if doing this mudra even while sitting on Commode
(Apan Vayu – A Combo of Apan and Vayu Mudras is also known as Sanjeevani or ह्रदय Mudra because it treats the Heart related Problemls)
Use: It is good for Heart, Asthma, respiration, Large & Small Intestines and all other Digestion related Diseases.
How is this helpful? When air element – (being dry, cold and even polluted in some cases) increases in the body, it causes constriction of heart arteries – making these hard and narrow. In Apan Vayu Mudra, the Vayu Mudra part helps to get relieved the arteriosclerosis’ of the heart, and the Prithvi Mudra part strengthens the heart muscles and remove blockages in arteries.•
It relieves angina immediately.•
It normalizes blood pressure and thus saves us from both high as well as low blood pressure, as it stimulates the circulatory system.•
In case of palpitations or weak pulse, this Mudra will normalize the pulse rate immediately.•
It also reduces nervousness, as it quietens / calms the nervous system.•It helps in relieving acidity, gas formation, eructation, belching, and strengthens the digestive system. It solves all diseases of the intestines, colic, colitis, etc;•
It is highly effective in respiratory diseases like asthma. This Mudra, by cleansing the blood circulatory system, alos helps the lungs in their functioning. People who suffer from difficult breathing while climbing stairs or walking fast should do this Mudra for about 10 minutes before climbing stairs; they will feel much better.•It is also highly effective in curing migraine. Migraine or headache is primarily due to weak digestion or excited nerves. As already mentioned, this Mudra quietens the nervous system and strengthens digestive system therefor leaving no cause for migraine.• By soothing the nervous system, it induces sleep and cures insomnia. •According to Ayurveda, any imbalance in the three “doshas” – Vata, Pitta and Kapha causes diseases. Apan Vayu Mudra restores balance in these three ‘doshas’. Apan Vayu Mudra stimulates and strengthens the blood circulatory system – digestive system, respiratory system, excretory system and the nervous system. Apan Vayu Mudra is a very helpful mudra in our daily lives and also in emergencies like heart attack. If practiced regularly over a long period of time, it is helpful in a number of heart ailments and prevents probability of heart attacks and their recurrence. It also lessens heart palpitations, heartache, anxiety, panic brief, overwhelming, sadness attack and heart heaviness,
It is found helpful to balance the three doshas (vata, pitta, kapha).
It is also helpful in the improvement of digestive fire as well as lungs capacity.
Detailed Benefits of Sanjeevani Mudra:-
- Heart (Anahata): As the name suggests, the Hridaya Mudra (Heart Gesture) when practiced right, benefits the heart and any problems related to the heart. The heart being the most important organ in the human body needs to be stimulated with the practice of asanas, pranayama, meditation and mudras. This mudra helps to redirect prana towards the heart, thereby controlling any problems related to the heart. Along with the physical benefits, at the emotional level too this mudra opens the heart balancing the students emotions and tensions. To benefit from the practice of Hirdaya Mudra, the same should be done for at least a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Elements: Each finger represents one of the elements that when activated or stimulated helps to keep the body and mind in balance. In Hridaya Mudra, the index finger (air element) helps to reduce the excess air in the body, while the other fingers; thumb (fire), middle (space), and ring (earth) when pressed increases the respective elements. Space element helps with the supply of oxygen to the heart, earth element helps to strengthen the muscles of the heart, and the fire element increases the heat, reducing the toxins, thereby bringing balance to all the elements.
- Digestion: Since the other name for Hridaya Mudra is Apan Vayu Mudra, the practice of the same helps to reduce excess air in the body. Reducing excess air stimulates the digestive fire keeping a better balance on digestion. Here, vayu means air, and any excess of the same brings problems related to the stomach, hence this mudra helps to relieve the excess gas (vaju/air).
- Insomnia: The practice of Hridaya Mudra (Heart Gesture) brings a cooling and calming effect on the nervous system, hence good for students suffering with insomnia. But, care should be taken with regards to the time duration along with the guidance from a yoga teacher, as the over-practice of the same may bring other consequences.
- A Migraine, Blood Pressure, and Asthma: Since the practice of this mudra is related to the heart and the digestive system, ailments like a migraine (better digestion), blood pressure (better oxygen to heart) or asthma (with reduced toxins) are under control and with repeated practice can be cured.
- Body Pain and Arthritis: Hridaya Mudra (Heart Gesture) also called as Apan Vayu Mudra is said to help reduce any pain in the body and is also beneficial for those students suffering from arthritis. Any pain related to the joints or even neck, head, back, tooth, etc., can be kept in control. Better supply of blood with improved nervous system will support the entire body keeping it in balance, with fewer ailments.
- Meditation: The most important part of the practice of Hridaya Mudra (Heart Gesture) is the support the body and mind gets in being calm and stress free. With a calm and a stress free body and mind students can benefit, preparing for meditation. The heart feels open and grounded with the practice of Hridaya Mudra and hence also ready for meditation.
How To ?: Place the Vayu Element/(वायु तत्त्व) Index fingers of both the hands at the root pad of the thumb and let the tip
of the Fire Elements (अग्नि तत्व) Thumbs, Akash Element (आकाश तत्व) Middle Fingers and Earth Elements (पृथ्वी तत्व) Ring Fingers gentally touch each other. Extend the Little Fingers straight.
Emotional Controlling Benefits: Hridaya Mudra may prove very helpful to release pent-up emotion and unburden your heart. It is an excellent mudra to practice during times of emotional conflict and crisis and to open heart blockage and to balance blood pressure too! This can also be practiced for about 20 minutes after meals for proper digestion!
Time Duration: To Cure Heart Problems Practice for 48 minutes daily followed by Practicing Pran Hasta Mudra for 20 Minutes.
NB. May Chant – a little loud or mentally – OM HRIM NAMAH ॐ ह्रीं नमः beeja mantra while practicing this mudra to cure heart related issues!
Prana – Helping Mudra:- To get the full advantage of this mudra for curing the heart related issues – practicing Pran Hasta Mudra for 20 Minutes – immediately after practicing Apana Vayu Hasta Mudra is found highly beneficial!
A Case Study: Chanting ॐ ह्रौं नमः OM HROWM Namah along with 20+ Minutes regular practice of Apana Vayu Hasta Mudra along with Prana hasta mudra in between helped me in relieving acidity, gas formation, eructation, belching, and strengthened the digestive system.
During Tracking at Dalahauzi Hills to Kala Top – keeping practicing Apan Vayu & Pran mudras – I climbed the top – much early than the other district education officers follow freinds from Haryana state in June 2014 and came back of my own – whereas the other officers came back by boarding taxies- since they felt tired and exhausted!
Even others personal experience of doing this Mudra is found very very positive and could give guarantee that if someone regularly does this mudra just for 20+ minutes a day on prolonged basis, it will definitely relieve from all the gas from the stomach. And if by chance this mudra is not giving desired results than let those practice Jnana Mudra while sitting on commode and chanting SwitchWord “Gentian Move On”, it will surely clear the bowel almost 100%. Alternatively, Surya/Agni, Kidney Mudra Linga, Vyan, mudras may also be practiced for a proper metabolism !